I’ve been a therapist for ten years, and my specialty is working with couples to help them achieve more fulfilling relationships. My work ranges from improving communication to healing from an affair. I also provide individual counseling for men struggling with anxiety, anger, and self-criticism.
When working with couples I practice Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy. The purpose of EFT is to help you develop a strong, healthy bond with one another. We’ll spend the first few sessions building trust and safety. I will also identify the pattern of communication that has developed between you and your partner. We’ll then spend the bulk of our time developing a healthier pattern. Finally, we’ll review our work and strengthen the changes. You’ll walk away from therapy with a healthier and more satisfying relationship. To learn more about EFT, click here.
With individuals I use Interpersonal Therapy. Interpersonal therapists believe distress comes from unmet needs in relationships. Our focus will be on how you understand yourself, others, and behave within relationships. We will make use of the relationship between us as important data on how you engage with others. You will then be able to decide if you want to make changes or not. I will offer a supportive and caring presence along the way to help you find more peace and contentment in your life.
Some of my qualifications include:
- Master of Arts in Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor, License # C5140
- Completed Externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (4 day intensive training)
- Completed Core Skills in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (6 weekend trainings over 6 months)
- Completed over 40 hours of supervised practice in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional with the International Association of Trauma Professionals
If you think we’d be a good fit for counseling, please contact me today for an appointment.